The Huon Aquaculture Grants Program provides financial and in-kind assistance to support community facilities, projects, events and programs that have a clear community benefit or need.
Assistance will be provided in the form of cash grants (maximum of $3,000) or in-kind assistance.
In-kind assistance relates to support through the provision of Huon products either at zero or a reduced cost.
It is important that a clear and detailed description of the proposal is provided that demonstrates a clear community benefit or need.
Which projects/proposals are eligible?
- have a high level of community participation in the project.
- provide a significant benefit to the local community.
- fully address the assessment criteria.
Which projects are NOT eligible?
Huon Aquaculture will not consider grants for projects/proposals that:
- ostensibly benefits individuals;
- benefit political or religious organizations; or
- individual sporting clubs.
Huon Aquaculture has two (2) grant rounds each year, typically in May and September.
The Grants Rounds will be advertised in Tasmania in the Huon News, the Mercury, the Examiner and the Advocate. The information will also be available from the Huon Aquaculture website. Community groups and organisations can also register to receive notification by submitting a request either by phone or email to:
p: 03 6295 8111
5 THINGS TO REMEMBER WHEN APPLYING
- Community Groups and organisations have 4 weeks from the advertised opening date to make an application.
- All applications must be received before close of business on the closing date of the grant period.
- Applications received outside of the grant rounds will not be considered unless there are exceptional circumstances. However, applicants can elect to have their submission considered in the next grant round if they miss the cut-off.
- All applications must be made on the forms provided, fully addressing the assessment criteria. Electronic copies of the application form are available from the Huon Aquaculture website or can be emailed on request.
- Notification of receipt of applications will be sent via email to the email address nominated on the form.
Applications should be forwarded to:
COMMUNITY GRANTS PROGRAM
HUON AQUACULTURE COMPANY
Level 13, 188 Collins Street
Hobart, TASMANIA 7000
Assessment of Applications
Applications are considered by the Huon Aquaculture Community Grants Committee made up of employees from across the operations.
All applications are assessed against the selection criteria and relative to other applicants.
Typically, all applicants will be informed in writing to their nominated postal address of the outcomes of their applications 4 weeks after the closing date of the grant round.
Unsuccessful applicants may re-submit their application at a later grant round if they so choose and are invited to seek additional feedback on their unsuccessful application.
Successful applicants are required to:
- provide a brief written report and acquittal of the grant on completion of the project.
- undertake appropriate recognition of Huon Aquacultures assistance for the project and provide confirmation in the written report.