Our operational heart is in regional communities across Tasmania and as a result we are committed to making a positive contribution towards building strong, safe, vibrant and sustainable communities.
Community-based sponsorships and donations are just one of the ways that we actively engage and contribute to our local communities. We also offer community grants of up to $3,000 via our Helping Hand community grants program.
If you are considering applying for a community-based sponsorship or donation, please read the policies below and then fill out and submit the online application form.
What is a community-based sponsorship?
A community-based sponsorship is an exchange of money, goods or services between community organisations, institutions, government bodies or individuals and Huon for a brand and sales benefit. Projects that are successful in receiving sponsorship must provide evidence of benefiting Huon and include utilising our advertising material (such as banners, aprons and marquees), displaying signage at their event or permanent premises, or listing us as a sponsor on their advertising. A community-based sponsorship is a more commercial agreement than a Helping Hand Community Grant, as it must not only deliver a community benefit but also provide brand and sales outcomes.
What is a donation?
A donation is a transfer of money, goods or services to registered charities or not-for-profit organisations. Through donations we support those in need in the local community and do not expect to receive a benefit in return. A donation can be in the form of cash, product or in-kind assistance.
When choosing who receives a sponsorship or donation, we give preference to organisations that actively involve one or more of our staff, benefit the local communities in which we operate, or benefit the environment, in particular, the local marine environment.
If you are considering applying for a donation or sponsorship please read the policies below and then fill out and submit the online application form.
Donations and Sponsorships:
- Slab Road Cricket Club – Huon Aquaculture Player of the Week Award
- Albeura Street Primary School – prize for Quiz Night fundraiser
- Franklin Primary School – product for fundraiser event
- Calvin Christian School Oliebollen Festival – product for fundraiser
- Cape Hope Foundation – product for fundraiser
- Anglicare’s Bilton Lodge – commenced monthly product donation for healthy meals to support residents
- Judbury Community Centre’s Car Scavenger Hunt – voucher for prize
- Port Women’s Football Club – SFLW Grand Final Best on Ground Award
- Swashbucklers Indoor Cricket Team – season sponsorship
- TSIC – Working on Water Program – sponsorship
- Huon Yacht Club – support for 2021/22 Season Open Day
- Dover District School – fundraising support for Duke of Edinburgh Award students to attend Windewarde Bound
- Geeveston Primary School – prize for Christmas raffle
- Cystic Fibrosis Tasmania – prize for Ladies Lunch fundraiser
- Sacred Heart Catholic School Geeveston – product for school fair bbq fundraiser
- Homely Retreats – voucher for Girl’s Afternoon Out
- MS Society Swimathon – voucher for fundraiser
- Latrobe Football Club – product for annual fundraiser
- WA Fishing Industry Council – product and voucher for annual awards event
- Byford Basketball Assoc – season sponsorship
- Hobart Women’s Shelter – product for Xmas in July event
- Dover Golf Club – product for Ryan Wiggins fundraiser
- Port Women’s Football Club – product for Ryan Wiggins fundraiser
- Huon Valley Soccer Club – voucher for Kynan Miekle fundraiser
- IMAS Student Society – product for fundraising BBQ
- Alpha Fresh – voucher for fundraiser (breast cancer support)
- Sorell Football Club – Super Rules Pink Ladies – voucher for fundraiser
- Penguin Rescue and Rehab – donation of frozen fry for rescue penguins (seriously!)
- Kingston Primary School – voucher for fundraiser
- Speak Up Stay Chatty – voucher for fundraiser
- Cygnet RSL – product for ANZAC Day Appeal
- Jo’s Dream – voucher for Women’s Gynaecological Wellness Centre fundraiser
- Port Women’s Football Club – season sponsorship
- Tasmanian State Dressage Championships – product f0r fundraising BBQ
- Sled Dog Adventures husky shelter – product for the residents!
- Bruny Island Community Assoc Easter Carnival – voucher for fundraiser
- Geeveston Golf Club – Southern Ladies Day competition
- Dover SeaFest 2021 – product (250 portions) for fundraising
- Huon Valley PCYC – voucher for fundraiser
- Kingborough Boating Club Barnes Bay Regatta – product for fundraising BBQ
- Huon Pony Club Equestrian Championship – product and merchandise for event
- Huonville Primary School “Got Talent” Show – sponsorship
- Geeveston Golf Club Ladies Day – voucher for fundraiser
- Old Hobartians Assoc (OHA) – voucher for fundraiser event
- Strahan Golf Club – product and voucher for annual competition
- You Good Forums – Great Footy Debate – voucher for fundraiser event
- Bilton Lodge – product for Community Wellbeing & Healthy Choices Day
- Hannah Schreck – wildlife carer (nets and infrastructure for animal enclosures)
- Derwent Mercantile Collegiate Rowing Club – product for fundraiser event
- Rapid Relief Team Australia – product in support of Adelaide Hills firefighting effort (400 portions of salmon)