Our operational heart is in regional communities across Tasmania and as a result we are committed to making a positive contribution towards building strong, safe, vibrant and sustainable communities.
Community-based sponsorships and donations are just one of the ways that we actively engage and contribute to our local communities. We also offer community grants of up to $3,000 via our Helping Hand community grants program.
What is a community-based sponsorship?
A community-based sponsorship is an exchange of money, goods or services between community organisations, institutions, government bodies or individuals and Huon for a brand and sales benefit. Projects that are successful in receiving sponsorship must provide evidence of benefiting Huon and include utilising our advertising material (such as banners, aprons and marquees), displaying signage at their event or permanent premises, or listing us as a sponsor on their advertising. A community-based sponsorship is a more commercial agreement than a Helping Hand Community Grant, as it must not only deliver a community benefit but also provide brand and sales outcomes.
What is a donation?
A donation is a transfer of money, goods or services to registered charities or not-for-profit organisations. Through donations we support those in need in the local community and do not expect to receive a benefit in return. A donation can be in the form of cash, product or in-kind assistance.
When choosing who receives a sponsorship or donation, we give preference to organisations that actively involve one or more of our staff, benefit the local communities in which we operate, or benefit the environment, in particular, the local marine environment.
If you are considering applying for a donation or sponsorship please fill out and submit the online application form.
Donations and Sponsorships:
- Mt Lyell Strahan Picnic – support for iconic annual Mt Lyell Strahan Picnic
- Strahan Golf Club – Prize for Strahan Open Tournament
- Franklin Bowls Club – prize for MPB Triples event
- Geeveston Bowls Club – prize for Ladies Day annual fundraiser
- Port Esperance Sailing Club – naming sponsor Easter Regatta
- Judbury Jets Cricket Club – Awards Presentation lucky door prize
- Dover District School – support for Breakfast Club
- A Taste of the Huon – major sponsor
- Huonville Lions Football Club – jumpers sponsor
- Kingborough Huon Rural Youth – Easter raffle prize donation
- Bruny Island Community Association – Support for Bruny Island Easter Carnival
- St Vincent de Paul Society – support for community sleep out
- FoodBank – product donation
- Latrobe Football Club – sponsor
- Tasmanian Rotary Annual Conference – sponsor
- R&S Valiant Club – product donation
- Cystic Fibrosis Tasmania – fundraising support
- Racing with Autism Tasmania (RWAA) – support for launch event
- St Mary’s Catholic College – fundraising support
- New Norfolk Anglers Club – support for annual dinner
- Special Olympics – support for swimming team fundraiser
- Huntingfield Pony Club – support for Spring Show raffle
- Special Olympics Tasmanian Swim Team – support for fundraising
- Sorell Super Rules – support for Pink Ladies’ Day
- Police Charity Trust – support for fundraiser
- Southern Tasmanian Licensed Anglers Association – support for annual dinner