Our operational heart is in regional communities across Tasmania and as a result we are committed to making a positive contribution towards building strong, safe, vibrant and sustainable communities.
Community-based sponsorships and donations are just one of the ways that we actively engage and contribute to our local communities. We also offer community grants of up to $3,000 via our Helping Hand community grants program.
If you are considering applying for a community-based sponsorship or donation, please read the policies below and then fill out and submit the online application form.
What is a community-based sponsorship?
A community-based sponsorship is an exchange of money, goods or services between community organisations, institutions, government bodies or individuals and Huon for a brand and sales benefit. Projects that are successful in receiving sponsorship must provide evidence of benefiting Huon and include utilising our advertising material (such as banners, aprons and marquees), displaying signage at their event or permanent premises, or listing us as a sponsor on their advertising. A community-based sponsorship is a more commercial agreement than a Helping Hand Community Grant, as it must not only deliver a community benefit but also provide brand and sales outcomes.
What is a donation?
A donation is a transfer of money, goods or services to registered charities or not-for-profit organisations. Through donations we support those in need in the local community and do not expect to receive a benefit in return. A donation can be in the form of cash, product or in-kind assistance.
When choosing who receives a sponsorship or donation, we give preference to organisations that actively involve one or more of our staff, benefit the local communities in which we operate, or benefit the environment, in particular, the local marine environment.
If you are considering applying for a donation or sponsorship please read the policies below and then fill out and submit the online application form.
Donations and Sponsorships given so far in 2020:
- Way to St James – Pilgrim Walk
- Hobart Powerlifting Club – Fundraiser
- Sacred Heart Catholic School – Wheels in the Park BBQ
- Sandy Bay Bowls Club – Bushfire Appeal
- Dodges Ferry Volunteer Sea Rescue – Breakfast Fundraiser
- Cancer Council Tasmania – Relay for Life (Huon and Dorset events)
- Cambridge Primary School – School Fair
- Tasmanian Nursing and Midwifery Association – Conference 2020
- Woodbridge Community Association – Long Table Lunch
- Cygnet Axeman’s Club
- Huon Valley Cancer Fundraising Group – Cancer Fundraising Lunch
- Two Good Co. (social enterprise charity) – product donation
- Taste of the Huon – major event sponsor
- Swashbucklers (A Grade Indoor Cricket Team)
- The Port (Cygnet SFL Women’s AFL Team)
- Tasmanian Farmers and Graziers Association – drought relief
- Spreyton Scouts – tree planting at Latrobe
- Mitchells Plastic Welding – Shop Local Campaign in support of Huon Valley businesses
- Clamms Seafood – Free fish for hospitality workers initiative (COVID-19)
- The Block Steakhouse – Christmas in July fundraiser for The Salvation Army
- Cancer Council Tasmania – Seize The Day Educational Scholarship
- Hobart Women’s Shelter – launch of new accommodation
- Cancer Council Tasmania – Unite in Yellow lunch
- Latrobe Football Club – season sponsorship
- Two Good Co. (social enterprise charity) – supporting women recover from family violence
- Derwent Catchment Project – support for the native nursery
- Huon Yacht Club – season opener fundraiser
- MS 12 Hour Mega Swim – support for one of our crew!
- Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary – funds to purchase a freezer to store food for Tasmanian Devils
- Rotary Club of Hobart – 2020 World Festival of Magic
- Mosaic Support Services – Mosaic Festival of the Arts closing ceremony
- Australia-Japan Society – 50th Anniversary dinner
- Huon Resource Development Group – end of year Christmas dinner
- Glen Huon Primary School – Christmas raffle
- Hobart Women’s Shelter – Christmas dinner
- Brightside Farm Sanctuary – Huon fundraising initiative
- Two Good Co. (social enterprise charity) – product donation for Christmas