Our operational heart is in regional communities across Tasmania and as a result we are committed to making a positive contribution towards building strong, safe, vibrant and sustainable communities.
Community-based sponsorships and donations are just one of the ways that we actively engage and contribute to our local communities. We also offer community grants of up to $3,000 via our Helping Hand community grants program.
If you are considering applying for a community-based sponsorship or donation, please read the policies below and then fill out and submit the online application form.
What is a community-based sponsorship?
A community-based sponsorship is an exchange of money, goods or services between community organisations, institutions, government bodies or individuals and Huon for a brand and sales benefit. Projects that are successful in receiving sponsorship must provide evidence of benefiting Huon and include utilising our advertising material (such as banners, aprons and marquees), displaying signage at their event or permanent premises, or listing us as a sponsor on their advertising. A community-based sponsorship is a more commercial agreement than a Helping Hand Community Grant, as it must not only deliver a community benefit but also provide brand and sales outcomes.
What is a donation?
A donation is a transfer of money, goods or services to registered charities or not-for-profit organisations. Through donations we support those in need in the local community and do not expect to receive a benefit in return. A donation can be in the form of cash, product or in-kind assistance.
When choosing who receives a sponsorship or donation, we give preference to organisations that actively involve one or more of our staff, benefit the local communities in which we operate, or benefit the environment, in particular, the local marine environment.
If you are considering applying for a donation or sponsorship please read the policies below and then fill out and submit the online application form.
Donations and Sponsorships given so far in 2020:
- Way to St James – Pilgrim Walk
- Hobart Powerlifting Club – Fundraiser
- Sacred Heart Catholic School – Wheels in the Park BBQ
- Sandy Bay Bowls Club – Bushfire Appeal
- Dodges Ferry Volunteer Sea Rescue – Breakfast Event
- Cancer Council Tasmania – Relay for Life (Huon and Dorset events)
- Cambridge Primary School – School Fair
- Tasmanian Nursing and Midwifery Association – Tasmanian Nursing and Midwifery Conference 2020
- Woodbridge Community Association – Long Table Lunch
- Cygnet Axeman’s Club
- Huon Valley Cancer Fundraising Group – Cancer Fundraising Lunch
- Taste of the Huon
- Swashbucklers (A Grade Indoor Cricket Team)
- The Port (Cygnet SFL Women’s AFL Team)
- Tasmanian Farmers and Graziers Association – drought relief
- Spreyton Scouts