- 4 x 150g fresh Huon Salmon portions (skin on)
- 1 tbs (40g) chilli paste in soya bean oil (by Pantai)
- 4 tbs mirin seasoning
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp salt flakes
- 2 cups orange juice
- 4 cardamom pods (bruised)
- 2 tbs unsalted butter (cubed)
- 1 whole buffalo mozzarella (torn)
- 2 cups assorted baby tomatoes
- 1/2 cup pearl couscous (cooked)
- 12 viola and sage flowers (optional)
- 2 tbs micro cress
Combine in a small saucepan, the orange juice and cardamom pods. Bring to a boil and reduce to half a cup. Keep warm and whisk in the cubes of cold butter, set aside in a warm place until needed.
Whisk together the chilli paste, mirin, olive oil and all but a pinch of salt. Coat the salmon portions with the mix and grill on a pre-heated bbq plate for 2 minutes. Turn over and grill for a further 3 minutes, keeping the centre moist and glossy.
Smear the plate with two tablespoons of the sauce, top with a salmon portion and finish with the tomatoes, mozzarella, flowers (if available), cress and a scattering of salt flakes.