- For the cured beetroot
- 3 medium beetroots
- 1 lemon (zested)
- 1 bunch dill (chopped)
- 1 bunch chives (chopped)
- 1 tbsp Juniper berries (crushed)
- 120g salt flakes
- 120g Demerara sugar
- 1 tbsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 side Huon Ocean Trout (pin-boned and skinned)
- 8 small golden beetroots (boiled until tender)
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup assorted baby tomatoes (sliced)
- 1/2 cup micro herbs
- Mustard dressing
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
To cure the ocean trout, combine together all the cure ingredients except the trout side.
Place half the mixture evenly onto a cling-film lined tray and lay the ocean trout side on top. Cover with the remainder of the mixture, cover with the cling-film and refrigerate for 24 hours.
Scrape and discard all the cure mixture and thinly slice the cured ocean trout side. Refrigerate until required.
Combine together the mustard, vinegar, olive oil and seasoning.
Drizzle a circle of dressing onto a plate and arrange 4 slices of cured ocean trout to one side. Place two tablespoons of the seasoned quinoa onto the plate and top with the halved beet, a selection of tomatoes slices and top with the micro herbs. Season with pepper and serve immediately.