- 3 portions of fresh Huon Salmon, skin off and cut into 4cm pieces
- 200g rice stick noodles
- 2 tsp peanut oil
- 1/2 cup purchased laksa paste
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 270ml can coconut milk
- 1 stem lemon grass, pale section only, bruised
- 150g snow peas, stem removed
- 1 bunch bok choy, quatered
- 1 tbs lime juice
- 150g bean sprout, trimmed
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- To serve fresh chilli and lime wedges to serve
Place noodles in a bowl and cover with boiling water, set aside for 5 minutes. Separate noodles with a fork and drain.
Heat the oil in a wok over medium heat. Add the laksa paste and cook, stirring for 3 minutes or until aromatic. Add the stock, coconut milk and lemon grass. Stir to combine. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes.
Add the salmon to the stock and simmer for 3 minutes or until the salmon flakes easily when tested with a fork in the thickest part. Add snow peas and bok choy in the last 3 minutes of cooking. Stir in the lime juice and remove the lemon grass.
Divide the noodles and bean sprouts among the serving bowls. Pour over the coconut milk and sprinkle with mint. Serve immediately with chilli and lemon wedges.