- 400g Huon Premium Hot Smoked Salmon
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 50ml extra virgin olive oil
- 50ml vegetable oil
- 1/4 vanilla bean (seeds scraped out)
- 30ml extra virgin olive oil for grilling
- 12 baby carrots (peeled)
- 1 fennel bulb (sliced 5 mm thick)
- 8 baby corn
- 4 baby parsnips (halved)
- 2 yellow squash (sliced 5 mm thick)
- 1 red capsicum (halved and seeds removed)
- 8 spring onions
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts (or pomegranate seeds)
- 1/2 cup snow pea tendrils
Combine in a bowl the egg yolk, lemon juice, salt, mustard and vanilla seeds. Slowly add in the two oils while whisking briskly.
Lightly brush the vegetables with the olive oil and barbecue over a flame until just cooked.
Place all the ingredients onto four plates, finishing with the hot smoked salmon, snow pea tendrils and toasted pine nuts, or instead use some pomegranate seeds.