- 4 Huon Salmon portions, skin on
- 4 soft burger buns, halved and buttered
- 1 red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp olive oil, plus and extra splash
- 1 ripe avocado, mashed til smooth
- ½ cup (150g) mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp salted capers, well-rinsed and chopped
- Juice from ½ lemon (about 1 ½ tablespoons)
- 40g cornichons, finely chopped
- ¼ cup (loosely packed) flat-leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- Pickle to serve (optional)
For tartare sauce, combine ingredients in a bowl and season to taste. Pop in the fridge until you’re ready to serve.
Add the cabbage to a bowl and toss with lemon juice and olive oil, season to taste
Heat a large non-stick fry pan on medium and quickly toast the buns, butter side down until the edges start to colour. Set aside while you cook the salmon.
Season the salmon portions. Add the extra splash of olive oil to the pan, increase heat to high and cook each side for 2 to 3 minutes. Leaving a little pink on the inside is best for a juicy burger!
Spread a thick smear of tartare on the base of the buns, break the salmon into chunks and spread over the tartare. Top with the cabbage and then lid on top.
Serve at once with a pickle to the side.