Our Miso Glazed Huon Salmon is exploding with exotic flavours!
Combined with crispy salmon skin and forbidden rice, this dish will be a dinner party winner.
Recipe by talented Huon Valley local Naomi Sherman from Blue Rust Images.
To make the Skin Shards
1. Pre-heat oven to 140°C.
2. Very carefully remove the skin from each fillet.
3. Scrape as much of the fatty flesh from the back of the skin as possible without damaging the skin.
4. Line a baking tray with baking paper and lay the skin pieces out, skin side up.
5. Cover with another sheet of baking paper and then place a baking tray on too.
6. Cook for 30 minutes and then check.
7. Keep cooking and checking every 10 minutes until skin is dry and crispy.
8. Remove from oven and let cool.
Miso Glazed Salmon
1. Combine garlic, ginger, honey, miso paste and soy sauce in a bowl.
2. Place salmon fillets into a large zip lock bag and then pour marinade over.
3. Marinate for a minimum of 1 hour, but preferably overnight, giving you time to make your skin shards.
4. Recipe by the talented Huon Valley local Naomi Sherman from Bluerust Images.
5. Pre-heat oven to 180°C
6. Line a baking tray with baking paper
7. Heat a small amount of oil in a pan and sear each salmon fillet to form a blackened crust.
8. Place fillets onto baking tray, seared side up and bake for about 15 minutes, basting once or twice in between.
Serve with forbidden (black) rice, cooked as per package directions.