- 2 Huon Ocean Trout portions, skin off
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 small fennel, finely shredded
- 1/8 red cabbage, shredded
- 1 small carrot, peeled and shredded
- 3 or 4 sprigs flat leaf parsley
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey, depending on how sweet you like your slaw
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
Mix the dressing ingredients in a small bowl season to taste.
Toss the fennel, carrot, cabbage and parsley in a large bowl, add dressing toss again and set aside.
Heat a medium fry pan with 1 tbsp olive oil over medium-heat.
Season Ocean Trout and cook, for one minute each side.
Add garlic and lemon and butter, swirl and shake the pan to melt the butter and distribute around the Ocean Trout.
Turn and cook for another 5 minutes. Basting with the pan juices. Serve with slaw.