- 1 3.5kg whole gutted Huon Salmon
- 1 lemon (sliced)
- 2 garlic cloves (sliced)
- 1 cup dill sprigs (plus extra for garnish)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons salt flakes
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons ground oregano
- 1 tablespoon ground tumeric
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon sweet smoked paprika
Make sure the salmon is cleaned and scaled. Rinse well in cold water and dry with kitchen paper. Make eight deep cuts on both sides of the salmon and fill the belly cavity with the lemon slices, garlic and dill.
Place onto an oven tray and pre heat a hooded barbecue on high for 10 minutes.
Combine two tablespoons of the adobo seco with the olive oil and brush all over the salmon. To make the adobo seco mix combine the salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano, tumeric, onion powder and sweet smoked paprica in a bowl.
Barbecue at 175°C with the hood down for 40 minutes or until just cooked in the centre.
Present on a platter garnished with fresh dill sprigs.