- 250g Reserve Selection Blackened Spice Hot Smoked Ocean Trout
- 2/3 Cup Coconut Flour (Sifted)
- 2/3 Cup Bakers Flour (Sifted)
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 Free range egg (Lightly whisked)
- 1 Fresh cob of corn
- 375ml Buttermilk
- 2 tsp Fresh Coriander
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- Natural (unsweetened) Yoghurt
- Rocket to serve (slightly wilted)
For the corn and coriander bilinis, in a mixing bowl lightly sift/combine all the dry ingredients and form a well in the middle. Add the egg and whilst gently whisking slowly add the buttermilk to form a thick batter. Stir in fresh corn kernels and the chopped coriander, adjust seasoning and rest/refrigerate batter for at least 20 mins.
Place a non stick frypan on a medium heat. In small batches lightly fry small spoonful’s of the bilini batter in a little oil until golden on both sides and turn out onto some absorbent paper towel.
Top the cooked bilinis with a small amount of wilted rocket, flakes of the ‘Reserve Selection’ Blackened spiced Ocean trout and a little dab of natural yoghurt. Serve immediately.