- 200g Reserve Selection Banquet Slice Cold Smoked salmon
- 1 tsp Reserve Selection hand milked caviar
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 red onion
- 2 tbsp Japanese grain vinegar
- 2 tbsp finely chopped shiso
- 1/2 yuzu rind (possible to substitute with lemon or lime)
- 1 tsp yuzu juice (possible to substitute with lemon or lime)
- 1 tbsp sugar (brown)
- cracked black pepper to season
Finely slice red onion and soak in a bowl of water
In a separate bowl mix olive oil, Japanese grain vinegar,Yuzu rind and juice, finely chopped Shiso and a sprinkle of cracked pepper.
Drain the onion and leave in the bowl. Add sugar into onion and mix thoroughly.
Slice smoked salmon into bite sized strips and add into the onion and mix thoroughly.
Transfer onion and smoked salmon contents into bowl with Yuzu and Shiso dressing.
Cover with glad wrap and place in fridge for 1 hour.
Just before serving add caviar and mix well.
Wasabi is an optional mixture and should be placed on the serving plates.
See more from 'On the chopping board' at http://www.onthechoppingboard.com/