- 1 packet shortcrust pastry
- 250g Reserve Selection Honey Cured Hot Smoked Salmon
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 leek - green leaves discarded, white part finely sliced into thin rounds
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 bunch dill
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp raw Sugar
- 6 eggs (lightly whisked with a dash of milk or cream)
- salad Greens, lemon wedges and cream cheese to serve
Butter a quiche pan, line with shortcrust pastry and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Line with baking paper and add baking beads and bake blind at 180C for 20 minutes, remove baking beads and paper and return to oven for a further 10 minutes to brown.
Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Add leek and sugar and stir until leek begins to wilt and is translucent. Add the salmon and asparagus and allow to heat through for five minutes.
Remove pastry from oven and allow to sit. Coarsely chop half the bunch of dill and mix into the salmon mix. Spread the wholegrain mustard over the pastry base, top with the salmon mix and cover with egg mix.
Remove to oven for 40 minutes or until just set and golden brown. Serve with a side salad of mixed leaves, spanish onion, lemon wedges and a dollop of cream cheese.
For more great recipes from Daily Gluttony visit http://dailygluttony.com/