- 2 Huon Fresh Salmon Portions, skin on
- Zucchini, cut into chunks
- Fresh chervil and basil, to serve
- Lemon Infused Olive Oil, to serve
- Salmon cure:
- 400g rock salt
- 125g sugar
- 25g white pepper
- Sauce Vierge:
- 100ml olive oil
- 70g shallot, diced
- 10g garlic, sliced
- 1/2 lemon, zest and juice
- 1 bay leaf
- 5 sprig thyme
- 225g tomato, roughly diced
- 2g coriander seed, lightly crushed/cracked
- 1/4 preserved lemon peel, finely diced
Optional Salmon Cure
Combine all cure ingredients.
Cover salmon with mix in a container.
Cure for 12 hours in the fridge.
Once complete, rinse the cure off the salmon under water and pat dry with paper towel.
Combine oil, thyme, bay leaf, shallot & garlic, sweat on low heat till translucent & soft.
Add tomatoes, cook gently till tomatoes lose their juice & soften slightly.
Add zucchini and let sit whilst you cook salmon.
Slice the salmon into one inch slices.
Heat a cast iron pan, and add some oil.
Place the salmon into the pan on it's side.
Cook for 2 minutes.
Flip and cook for a further two minutes.
Remove from the heat.
Complete Sauce Vierge
Take off heat add coriander seed, lemons & season with salt, pepper, sugar & white wine vinegar.
Divide the sauce between two dishes and place two salmon pieces per serve.
Finish with chervil and basil for added flavour, and drizzle with lemon infused olive oil.