- 4 Huon Fresh Salmon Portions, skin on and boned
- 1/3 cup white sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup black sesame seeds or black poppy seeds
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 8 spears asparagus, peeled and blanched
- 2 cups fried rice
- 60g Huon Premium Wood Roasted Salmon
- 4 rashers of bacon cooked crispy
- Orange Caramel:
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
- 50ml sweet chilli sauce
- 50ml oyster sauce
- 30ml soy sauce
- 1 tbsp julienned ginger
- 1 tsp corn flour dissolved in water
1. Place sugar in a saucepan with a little water, caramelise until golden.
2. Add OJ, chilli, oyster and soy sauces, sesame oil and ginger.
3. Simmer till reduced by a third.
4. Thicken slightly with cornflour mix. Keep warm.
1. Combine sesame seeds and spread on a plate.
2. Brush Huon salmon portions with a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Press the cut side into the seed mix so it coats well.
3. Heat a little olive oil in a pan and briefly cook salmon seed side down.
4. Transfer to a hot oven for 3-4 minutes.
5. Meanwhile char grill asparagus and set aside.
6. Re-fry rice and crumble in hot smoked salmon. Keep warm.
1. Place smoked salmon fried rice in a mould then turn out onto a plate.
2. Top with cooked salmon, asparagus, crisp bacon.
3. Drizzle with orange caramel sauce.