- 1 cup freekeh, uncooked
- 3 cups reduced salt vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1/2 bunch Kale, leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 Huon Salmon Portions - Skin Off
- 2 tbsp harissa paste
- 1 spring onion, finely diced
- 1/4 bunch coriander, roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Preheat oven to 180C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
To cook the freekah, place freekah and stock in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce to a simmer and cover with a lid. Cook for approximately a further 30 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Drain and set aside.
Meanwhile, place the salmon on a baking tray and brush generously with harissa paste. Grill for 10-12 minutes, or until the salmon is cooked through.
Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add garlic, kale and chilli and a squeeze of lemon and a pinch of salt. Sautee for 5-6 minutes.
Combine freekeh and kale in a bowl. Once the salmon has finished cooking add to the bowl. Option to break into chunks.
Pour dressing over the top. Sprinkle with spring onion and coriander. Season and toss well