Moist-heat cooking methods
- Gently heating salmon using steam helps to retain its moisture and natural flavour.
- Produces a moist and firm flesh.
- A healthy low fat cooking method.
- Fresh whole HOG
- Salmon fillet steaks or cutlets
- Depending on the size and quantity to be steamed… bamboo steaming basket
- fish kettle
- steam oven
- domestic oven and foil or a covered dish
Over liquid in a wok or steamer
- Place the prepared salmon in a single layer on a rack or on a perforated steamer over the boiling water.
Using a conventional oven
- Wrap prepared salmon tightly using foil or natural alternatives such as banana leaves or paperbark and cook over water in a preheated oven.
- Alternatively, place salmon on a rack in a baking dish with a small amount of liquid and cover tightly with a lid.
Using a steam oven
- Place prepared salmon in a perforated pan and cook on steam setting.