- 500g Huon Salmon fillet - skin and bones removed
- 60g Plain flour
- 2 Eggs - beaten
- 150g Japanese breadcrumbs
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 20 Small flour tortillas
- 1/2 Cup Red cabbage - shredded
- 1/2 Cup Carrot - shredded
- 1 avocado, sliced
- For Dressing:
- 4 tomatillos - roughly chopped
- 1/4 Cup Shallots - roughly chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves - peeled and chopped
- 1 Jalapeno pepper - roughly chopped with seeds
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Cup Sour cream
- 1/2 bunch Fresh corriander - leaves
- 2 Limes - Juiced
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
For the fish, cut salmon into thick strips, you will get 6 pieces roughly. Do not cut too thick as the crumbs will colour before the fish does.
Dip Huon Salmon into flour, shake off then place into beaten egg followed by the Japanese crumbs. Repeat the process until complete.
To make the dressing combine all ingredients and blend until smooth and set aside.
Place a pan on heat with vegetable oil. Once heated drop in the fish and cook for a minute on both sides.
Lightly warm the tortilla in an oven, combine carrot and cabbage with half the dressing. Place a small handful of slaw in tacos, followed by a piece of fish and avocado, and drizzle with extra dressing.