- 8 slices rye sourdough
- 400g Huon Blackened Spice Hot Smoked Salmon
- 1 cup sauerkraut, drained
- 4 handfuls watercress or rocket (arugula)
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup greek yoghurt
- 1 tbsp chopped rinsed capers
- 1 tbsp chopped dill
- 1 tbsp chopped gherkin pickles
Combine yoghurt, capers, gherkins and dill, stir well then set aside. Thinly slice salmon.
Brush one side of each slice of bread with a bit of olive oil. Toast oiled side on a hot grill pan or skillet.
Set out 4 slices of bread, toasted side down. Layer with greens, sauerkraut and salmon. Top with yoghurt sauce, sliced onions and remaining slices of toasted bread.
Cut in half on the diagonal, because sandwiches always taste better in triangles, and serve immediately.
For more recipes from JJ at 84th and 3rd visit - www.84thand3rd.com